categories - Category Theory list
* products preserve epis of locales
@ 2008-07-22 13:35 Paul Taylor
From: Paul Taylor @ 2008-07-22 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Where can I find a published proof that
     if    X --->> Y   is a (not necessarily regular)  epi  of locales
     then so is   X x Z --->> Y x Z   for any locale Z?

NB  (I know that) this is not true for general pullbacks of locales!

Ideally,  I'd like to cite a textbook-style account that begins by
characterising epis and regular monos as idempotent adjunctions,
saying that they form a factorisation system, and describes the
product of locales fairly explicitly.

Paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-07-22 13:35 UTC | newest]