categories - Category Theory list
From: "Tom Leinster" <t.leinster@maths.gla.ac.uk>
To: categories@mta.ca
Subject: Re: KT Chen's smooth CCC, a correction
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:14:26 +0100 (BST)	[thread overview]

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Bill Lawvere wrote:

> fickle pedias and beckening bistros which, like the mythical
> black holes, often regurgitate information as buzzwords and
> disinformation.

Disinformation is *deliberate* false information, false information
*intended* to mislead.  As I understand it, Bill's statement says,
among other things, that disinformation often appears on the
n-Category Cafe.

I don't know whether Bill really meant to say this.  I very much hope
not.  I can't think of a single instance where someone at the
n-Category Cafe has intended to mislead.

Best wishes,
Tom

-----