categories - Category Theory list
From: Michael Barr <barr@math.mcgill.ca>
To: categories@mta.ca
Subject: Re: Bourbaki and Categories
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:24:43 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

I don't know what to say about the suggestion that a circle and a line
make a sketch of which Euclidean plane geometry is a model.  I would think
you would need a point too, since intersections are crucial.  Maybe
complex projective geometry since then two lines intersect in one point
(unless they coincide), a line and a circle in two (unless they are
tangent or equal) and every pair of circles in four (ditto).  Maybe the
exceptions could be handled in some sketch.  At any rate, it wold e
interesting to try to sketch this in detail.  At any rate, I never thought
about this before.

Michael