categories - Category Theory list
* Octoberfest - Proposed schedule of talks
@ 2008-09-26 21:09 Robert Seely
From: Robert Seely @ 2008-09-26 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories List

We have a proposed schedule of talks for the Octoberfest meeting next
weekend (4-5 Oct).  Please be aware that changes may still happen, and
a final schedule will be given out at the meeting itself.  An html
version of this document is available at the meeting website, and you
can check there for any last-minute changes, as we know them.

  http://www.math.mcgill.ca/triples/octoberfest08.html

Some talks are still "TBA" - I hope the speakers will give me titles
asap!  We have some abstracts - those we have will be available on the
webpage (and I'll put others there as I get them).

In addition, I suggest folks review the instructions on the website re
location of the talks (at Concordia's Faubourg building), parking in
the area (the university has indoor parking from 9am - a bit of a
tight squeeze in terms of time, but possible - and there is metered
parking on the streets around the area), and do check the weather
(there are links to two weather sites on the webpage).

-= rags =-

-----------

                                   Octoberfest08
                           Category Theory Octoberfest
                         Concordia University, Montreal
                     Saturday - Sunday, October 4 - 5, 2008

                           Proposed Schedule of Talks
                         Room FGB040 (Faubourg building)

   Saturday, 4 October - morning session
                  9:15-9:45   M Makkai            Revisiting the coherence
                                                  theory for bicategories and
                                                  tricategories
                 9:45-10:15   V Harnik            TBA
   coffee break
                10:45-11:15   W Tholen            Towards an enriched
                                                  understanding of Hausdorff
                                                  and Gromov metrics
                11:15-11:45   C Hermida           TBA
                11:45-12:15   M Warren            Types and groupoids
   lunch
   afternoon session, in honour of P.J. Scott
                  2:00-2:30   P Hofstra           From poset to quantifier
                  2:30-3:00   R Cockett           Differentiation, linear matters, and other
                                                  discussions from the Green Door
                  3:00-3:30   J Lambek            In praise of quaternions
   coffee break
                  4:00-4:30   B Redmond           Safe recursion revisited
                  4:40-4:50   J Morton            2-Vector Spaces and Finite Groupoids
                  4:50-5:10   T Kusalik           The Continuum Hypothesis in
                                                  topos theory and algebraic set theory
                  5:10-5:30   R Lucyshyn-Wright   TBA
                  5:30-6:00   G Lukacs            TBA
                  6:00-6:20   C Nourani           Functorial parallel worlds
                                                  model computations
   free evening
   Sunday, 5 October
                  9:00-9:30   N Yanofsky          On the algorithmic
                                                  informational content of
                                                  categories
                 9:30-10:00   S Niefield          Par-valued lax functors and
                                                  exponentiability
                10:00-10:30   A Joyal             TBA
   coffee break
                11:00-11:30   G Seal              Kock-Zoberlein monads from
                                                  monads on SET
                11:30-12:00   D Pronk             Translation groupoids and
                                                  orbifold homotopy theory
                12:00-12:30   J Kennison          Spectra for Symbolic Dynamics
                 12:30-1:00   P Freyd             TBA

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-09-26 21:09 UTC | newest]