categories - Category Theory list
* symmetric monoidal adjunctions
@ 2009-02-09 11:26 Tony Meman
From: Tony Meman @ 2009-02-09 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear category theorists,
I have a question concerning symmetric monoidal adjunctions (of symmetric
monoidal functors).

Let V and W be symmetric monoidal categories, C a small category, F, G
symmetric monoidal functors and F:V<-->W:G a symmetric monoidal adjunction.
Is f:Fun(C,V)<-->Fun(C,W):g a symmetric monoidal adjunction? The functor
categories Fun(C,V) and Fun(C,W) are endowed with the pointwise symmetric
monoidal structure and the functors f and g are defined pointwise, too.

I am sorry that I have to ask you all this things about monoidal categories
and enriched categories but I can't find a book on that. I would be very
pleased if anybody can suggest me something to read.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Tony

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-02-09 11:26 UTC | newest]