categories - Category Theory list
From: Neil Ghani <Neil.Ghani@cis.strath.ac.uk>
To: categories@mta.ca
Subject: Scottish Category Theory Seminar
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:14:12 +0100	[thread overview]

*** Scottish Category Theory Seminar
*** First Meeting
*** Friday 27 November 2009, 2pm
*** University of Glasgow, Scotland

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the first meeting of the Scottish Category
Theory Seminar which will be a forum for discussion of all aspects of
category they, be they straight category theory or applications to
computer science or physics etc. We envisage meeting for an afternoon
once every few months, at some congenial location in Scotland. Talks
by Scots and by visitors are welcome. Please contact us if you would
like to host a meeting or give a talk. Meetings are open, and all are
welcome to attend.

The first meeting will take on Friday 27 November at the University of
Glasgow at 2pm. At the first meeting, we are pleased to announce the
following
invited speakers

     * Martin Hyland, Universty of Cambridge
     * Nicola Gambino, University of Palermo

These invited talks will be for one hour. We also invite volunteers
for two contributed half-hour talks. This meeting will receive
financial support from the Complex Systems Engineering theme of SICSA,
the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance and from the
Department of Mathematics at the University of Glasgow.

More details can be found at

http://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/~ng/sct.html

If you wish to attend, offer a contributed talk, or want more
information about the Scottish Category Theory Seminar, please email scotcats@cis.strath.ac.uk

Neil Ghani
Tom Leinster
Alex Simpson