categories - Category Theory list
From: Paul Levy <P.B.Levy@cs.bham.ac.uk>
To: robin@ucalgary.ca, categories@mta.ca
Subject: Re: Conditions for adjoints -- another variant
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:05:48 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Robin,

In my thesis

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~pbl/papers/thesisqmwphd.pdf
Def. 109 - 110, pages 220-222

I listed six (equivalent) definitions of adjunction, one of which (Def.
110(4)) resembles yours, and two of which (Def. 110(4)-(5)) don't mention
any functors.

(Some of these definitions - though not the one that resembles yours - use
the notion of "representing object", which itself can be defined in either
element style or naturality style.)

The list also appears in my "Call-by-push-value" book, Def. 9.33 (page 235)
and Def. 11.17 (pages 278-280).

Also see the discussion in Sect. 1.2 of my TAC paper "Adjunction models for
call-by-push-value with stacks"

http://www.tac.mta.ca/tac/volumes/14/5/14-05abs.html

regards,
Paul