categories - Category Theory list
* Reminder: MFPS XXVI
@ 2010-03-29 18:12 Richard Blute
From: Richard Blute @ 2010-03-29 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

This is a reminder of the upcoming event MFPS. In particular, we want to
make sure that
students and others wishing to apply for support realize they must do so by
March 31st.

Thanks.

The organizers:

Richard Blute, rblute@uottawa.ca
Philip Scott, phil@site.uottawa.ca
Michael Warren, mwarren@uottawa.ca

> MFPS XXVI (Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics) will
> be held at the University of Ottawa, May 6-10 2010 , partially sponsored
> by the US Office of Naval Research and the Fields Institute.
>
> Information on the aims and scope of the conference, as well as invited
> speakers,
> tutorials and special sessions can be found at:
>
> http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mfps/mfps26/MFPS_XXVI.html
>
> The Fields registration webpage is at:
> http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/programs/scientific/09-10/MFPS26/
>
> Registration and early requests for student support can be done online at
> the Fields Institute address above.
>
> Note: some money is available to partially support graduate students,
> postdocs and researchers without grants.  Those who wish to apply for this
> support should do so right away on the Fields registration page (before
> March 31). In your application for support, please state clearly what your
> research program is, in what way MFPS is relevant to your research, and
> whether you have access to other funds. Priority will be given to students
> who do not have access to other funding for travel.
>
> Graduate students please note: there will be a special student session of
> short presentations, and students who wish to apply to speak should also
> tell us.
>
> There is a planned conference banquet, to be announced soon.
>
> Accommodation: we have reserved rooms in several hotels near campus, as
> well as in the university residence. The university residence suites are a
> very good deal:  a two room suite and kitchen is $90. On the local web
> page of the event you will find more information on this. Please note that
> in order to take advantage of the discount rate most bookings have to be
> done before April.  Here is the local web page:
>
> http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~mwarren/MFPS/index.html
>
> If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact one of the
> organizers,
>
> Richard Blute rblute@uottawa.ca
> Philip Scott phil@site.uottawa.ca
> Michael Warren mwarren@uottawa.ca

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-03-29 18:12 UTC | newest]