categories - Category Theory list
From: Richard Garner <rhgg2@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To: Steve Lack <s.lack@uws.edu.au>
Cc: Gaucher Philippe <Philippe.Gaucher@pps.jussieu.fr>,
	   categories <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: pullback of locally presentable categories
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:35:47 +0100 (BST)	[thread overview]

---and I have further noticed that, although the first
situation may encompass the other two, this is by the by,
since the argument in this first situation is incorrect. I
have only shown the vertex of the pullback to be accessible,
but not necessarily locally presentable. I don't see any
obvious way of rectifying this. However, the argument in the
second and third situations is still valid. So to
summarise:--

Given a cospan of locally presentable categories and
accessible functors,
- if one of the functors is an isofibration, then the
pullback is accessible;
- if one of the functors is monadic or comonadic, then the
pullback is locally presentable.

Richard