categories - Category Theory list
From: "Dr. Cyrus F Nourani" <acdmkrd@gmail.com>
To: "Pym, Professor David J." <d.j.pym@abdn.ac.uk>, categories@mta.ca
Subject: Re: "Databases are Categories"
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:33:51 -0700	[thread overview]

Hello, thought I state the "obvious"?  since I had written an ACM review for
newer techniques to
model database and program transformation techniques a couple? years ago.
There were papers by our UCLA Semantics and TCS group two decades ago with
publications on database algebras. Further specificson databases and
algebras
were at TU Berlin.

I enclose an excerpt:

[There are publications at UCLA,JACM, and TU Berlin since 1979 that address
abstract algorithms, programs, morphisms, and database models and schemas
that are benefit the areas.There are  mapping techniques that can be applied
to the data processing realms: There is a concrete syntax route, e.g.,
untyped canonical mappings sparse trees using language independent
format-universal types,  generative mappings- metaprogram- GDK grammar
deployment GUI, XML data biding, and the problem of providing an object
model that is to represent an XML schema are stated. Graph Transformation
for Model Refactoring deploys models and transformations as primary
aritifcats. The techniques presented are to use graph model representations
and apply graph transformations at the model refactoring arena.
Refactoring (Opdyke) is changes to the internal program structure to improve
without changing the external introduce model refraction as a new
transformation. The Berlin school AGG is applied on graph grammars and to
specify model refactoring.]

CyrusFN

--
Akdmkrd.tripod.com