categories - Category Theory list
* Category-theory demonstrations on the Web
@ 2010-09-02  4:43 Jocelyn Paine
From: Jocelyn Paine @ 2010-09-02  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories

This is to tell, or remind, readers about the Web-based interactive
category-theory demonstrations I have on my site. Perhaps of interest to
new students now an academic year is starting. They're at
http://www.j-paine.org/cgi-bin/webcats/webcats.php . After some preamble,
this page contains a form divided into sections. Each section generates a
particular construct in the category of finite sets: e.g. a colimit,
equaliser, or initial object. You can input sets and arrows, or let the
demo choose its own. The output includes a diagram, and text explaining
it.

Cheers,

Jocelyn Paine
http://www.j-paine.org
+44 (0)7768 534 091

Jocelyn's Cartoons:
http://www.j-paine.org/blog/jocelyns_cartoons/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-09-02  4:43 UTC | newest]