categories - Category Theory list
* Dual of a monoidal closed category
@ 2010-09-13 14:19 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2010-09-13 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Is it common knowledge that the dual of a monoidal closed category is also
monoidal closed (at least in the symmetric case, but I don't think that
matters).  If you denote tensor by @ and hom by --o, then define a dual
hom by A --x B = (A* --o B*)* and a dual tensor by A # B = (A* @ B*)*
where * is the contravariant equivalence.  The proof that this works is
trivial.  What it means is another matter entirely.  Right now, I just
would like to know if this is commonly known.

Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-09-13 14:19 UTC | newest]