categories - Category Theory list
From: Todd Trimble <trimble1@optonline.net>
To: "Joyal, André" <joyal.andre@uqam.ca>
Cc: Categories list <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: potential names
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:40:24 -0400	[thread overview]

Of the choices offered here, I like "precarious", "unstable", or
"fragile".  I just thought of "risky" myself.  Good, experienced
mathematicians will know when it's okay to take "risks" (and
will be aware of what the risks are).

"Unstable" seems like a very sober choice, not too likely to
ruffle feathers.

I encourage anyone who cares about this issue to take a look
at the current discussion at the nForum:

http://www.math.ntnu.no/~stacey/Mathforge/nForum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1886

You will see that opinions are divided even among workers in
the nLab.

Todd