categories - Category Theory list
* CT Advisory Committee
@ 2010-10-15 11:20 Prof. Peter Johnstone
From: Prof. Peter Johnstone @ 2010-10-15 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear fellow-categorists,

As most of you will know, the Advisory Committee on CT meetings
was set up in 2005, with the aims of ensuring that international
category theory conferences are held on a reasonably regular basis,
and of providing assistance and advice for the organizers of such
meetings. The Committee has no official status, and no executive
authority.

Since its inception, the Committee has been chaired by Bill Lawvere.
However, Bill recently informed us of his wish to step down from
the Committee, in order to concentrate on other projects that are
important to him. The other members of the Committee would like
publicly to record our great indebtedness to Bill for his sound
chairmanship and wise advice over the past five years, and to wish
him well for the other projects he is pursuing.

Having no formal constitution, we have decided that the Committee
should continue without a Chairman, but with the writer of this note
continuing to act as Convenor, as I have done up to now. We have,
however, decided to reinforce the Committee by recruiting two new
members, and we are delighted to be able to announce that Eugenia
Cheng and George Janelidze have agreed to join it with immediate
effect. The Committee's current membership is thus

Eugenia Cheng <e.cheng@sheffield.ac.uk>
Maria Manuel Clementino <mmc@mat.uc.pt>
George Janelidze <janelg@telkomsa.net>
Peter Johnstone <ptj@dpmms.cam.ac.uk>
Ross Street <ross.street@mq.edu.au>
Walter Tholen <tholen@mathstat.yorku.ca>
Myles Tierney <tierney.myles@uqam.ca>
Richard Wood <rjwood@mathstat.dal.ca>

Anyone who may be thinking of organizing an international CT meeting
is welcome to contact any member of the Committee -- but particularly
the undersigned -- at any time. We should be particularly glad to hear
from anyone who may have plans for 2012 or 2013 at this point.

Peter Johnstone

* CT Advisory Committee
@ 2007-07-02 21:34 Prof. Peter Johnstone
From: Prof. Peter Johnstone @ 2007-07-02 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear fellow-categorists,

On behalf of the international CT Advisory Committee, I am delighted
to announce that Maria Manuel Clementino has agreed to join the
Committee with immediate effect. The current membership of the
Committee, in alphabetical order, is thus as follows:

Maria Manuel Clementino <mmc@mat.uc.pt>
Peter Johnstone <ptj@dpmms.cam.ac.uk> (Secretary)
Bill Lawvere <wlawvere@buffalo.edu> (Chair)
Ross Street <street@math.mq.edu.au>
Walter Tholen <tholen@pascal.math.yorku.ca>
Myles Tierney <tierney@math.uqam.ca>
Richard Wood <rjwood@mathstat.dal.ca>

It might be appropriate at this point to remind people of the
Committee's function. It has no official status, and no executive
authority: its sole function is to offer advice, and the benefit
of our collective experience, to those who may
be thinking of organizing international conferences in Category
Theory, with the aim of ensuring that such conferences should take
place on a reasonably regular basis. Anyone who might be thinking
of organizing such a meeting is welcome to contact any member of