categories - Category Theory list
From: "Gavin Seal" <gavin_seal@fastmail.fm>
To: categories@mta.ca
Subject: In support of Gabor Lukacs
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:50:28 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear colleagues and friends,

A number of members of the categories e-list will already be aware that
Gabor Lukacs and the mathematics department at the University of
Manitoba are involved in a dispute with the university administration
over matters of academic standards and even academic freedom. Since
Gabor is an active member of our community, we thought you might be
interested in a petition we are planning to send to the university early
in December. The text of the petition may be read at

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=10YZB9O_W3ljWqxte41VtU2qWQmepkx4yqwDaKq2pdifnHRA7ncE-qbSh8Lap&hl=en&authkey=CNT8_MsO

or alternatively downloaded from

http://25a8.ch/upload/ProtestUofM.pdf

Further information about this incident may be found at

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Campus+torn+dispute+over/3767102/story.html
http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/tag/gabor-lukacs/
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/court-battle-over-phd-106366028.html
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/letters\_to\_the\_editor/disabled-by-exam-stress-letter-of-the-day-106674068.html
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2010/11/03/man-exam-anxiety-lukacs.html
http://profmondo.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/it-doesnt-add-up/

If you are interested in signing this petition, please email

gavin.seal@epfl.ch

with your name, position, affiliation and e-mail as you want them to
appear. The deadline for signing this has been set to Tuesday, 23rd
November.

Regards,

Gavin Seal and Robert Seely