categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Cartesian bicategories and realizability
@ 2010-12-12 14:11 flawler
       [not found] ` <4D274459-0EC4-4C4F-92FE-9D3C9374A80F@site.uottawa.ca>
From: flawler @ 2010-12-12 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Lipton; +Cc: categories

James Lipton wrote:
> This sounds a bit like the construction of realizability toposes in
> Categories and Allegories (Freyd and Scedrov)

Thanks.  I don't have access to that book at the moment, but I seem to
remember that they don't mention triposes.  Do you know if anyone has
studied realizability triposes by looking at their associated
allegories/bicategories of relations, and/or compared (in that context or
another) the category-of-pers construction of realizability toposes with
the exact-completion method?

FL

--
Finn Lawler

* Re: Cartesian bicategories and realizability
@ 2010-12-14 10:29 ` Giuseppe Rosolini
       [not found] ` <4D274459-0EC4-4C4F-92FE-9D3C9374A80F@site.uottawa.ca>
From: Giuseppe Rosolini @ 2010-12-14 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

> Do you know if anyone has
> studied realizability triposes by looking at their associated
> allegories/bicategories of relations, and/or compared (in that context or
> another) the category-of-pers construction of realizability toposes with
> the exact-completion method?

You should look at

A. Carboni, Some free constructions in realizability and proof theory.
J. Pure Appl. Algebra 103 (1995), no. 2, 117–148

J. van Oosten, Realizability: an introduction to its categorical side.
Studies in Logic and the Foundations of Mathematics, 152.
Elsevier B. V., Amsterdam, 2008

--Pino Rosolini

@ 2010-12-15 17:28   ` Finn Lawler
From: Finn Lawler @ 2010-12-15 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Scott; +Cc: categories

Thanks for the helpful replies, everyone.

FL

@ 2010-12-10 17:12 flawler