categories - Category Theory list
From: Marta Bunge <marta.bunge@mcgill.ca>
To: <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Fibrations in a 2-Category
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:20:36 -0500	[thread overview]

Dear Mike,

I have no objection to anything you actually say. Yes, of course any functor is an anafunctor and, under AC, every anafunctor is isomorphic to a  functor. But that is what I meant. It was just that, emphasizing the fact that anafunctors generalize functors (without AC), I wanted to note that distributors (not necesarily representable) also do, even with AC, and that in this alone lies their importance, plus the fact that they can  be composed etc. I do not intend to modify your excellent exposition of anafunctors, a subject that I "learnt" just by reading it. I did not mean it as a criticism.

Many thanks,
Marta