categories - Category Theory list
From: soloviev@irit.fr
To: "Aleks Kissinger" <aleks0@gmail.com>
Cc: "categories" <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Is this a studied notion of cardinality?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:33:41 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

Dear Alex,

I had some papers where the fact that tensor unit I is a generator
(i.e., your "point cardinality" is 1) is used to describe ALL
natural transformations between superpositions of distinguished
functors (for example, tensor and internal hom in symmetric
monoidal closed categories, or in compact closed categories)

S.V. Soloviev. On natural transformatioms of distinguished functors
and their superpositions in certain closed categories.-J.of Pure and
Applied Algebra 47(1987) p.181-204.

or of superpositions of tensor and biproduct

Robin Cockett, Martin Hyland, Sergei Soloviev. Natural transformation
between tensor powers in the presence of direct sums. Rapport de
recherche, 01-12-R, IRIT, Universit´e Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, juillet 2001.

The technique can be used in case of "multiple generators" (your
"point cardinality" > 1) but was never detailed as a paper.

This is about possible applications of the notion you suggest.

Regards

Sergei Soloviev