categories - Category Theory list
From: claudio pisani <pisclau@yahoo.it>
To: Steve Lack <steve.lack@mq.edu.au>
Cc: categories@mta.ca
Subject: Re: question about monoidal categories
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:43:13 +0100 (BST)	[thread overview]

Dear Steve,

your answer has been very useful to me.

Thus, for a closed complete category V, there are two related doctrines:

1) the V-categories [X,V], indexed by V-Cat;

2) the V-categories V_0^X, indexed by Cat.

The former is "included" in the latter via the forgetful functor
V-Cat -> Cat, and the latter has more structure since it is also an indexed  monoidal category.

I would like to know if the second doctrine, and its relationships with the  first one, had been considered explicitly somewhere (perhaps in some paper  by Brian Day?).

Thank you again

Claudio