categories - Category Theory list
* a coalgebras over fields question.
@ 2011-08-24  4:58 Bisson, Terrence P
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bisson, Terrence P @ 2011-08-24  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hi,  I have heard that naive questions are allowed at the cat list, so here  goes:

The diagonal map in spaces often gives a co-commutative diagonal map in homology,
so I want to understand the special properties of the category of co-commutative coalgebras.

It seems to be a "well-known fact" that
  the category of co-commutative coalgebras over a field is a cartesian closed category,
but I can't seem to find much discussion of the internal hom.
Can you suggest any reference?

Thanks, Terry Bisson

* Re: a coalgebras over fields question.
@ 2011-08-26 19:28 Todd Trimble
From: Todd Trimble @ 2011-08-26 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Dear All,

I had posted the message below yesterday, but the message had
some html in it (from previous messages in the exchange, I believe).
It is somewhat redundant today because Professor Porst's paper
has now been mentioned in a different posting, but it can still serve
as a note of appreciation to him. :-)

Best regards,

Todd