categories - Category Theory list
From: Michael J Healy <mjhealy@ece.unm.edu>
To: categories@mta.ca
Subject: Re: diagrams in computer algebra
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:02:13 -0600	[thread overview]

Sergei,

My colleagues and I have been looking for something like this for a project.  We need to be able to specify small categories as the completions of finite graphs we are given, extend these by specifying commutative diagrams, pullbacks, etc, of interest, then define functors generated from graph homomorphisms, and take colimits of diagrams in Cat, etc etc.  We haven't found anything that does all this.  So, we're programming it in Haskell---one of our grad students knows the language.   We'll be happy to share our experience and will probably make the code available.  It's a work in progress.

Best regards,
Mike Healy