categories - Category Theory list
* Pullbacks of a family of arrows
@ 2012-02-08 20:29 Ohad Kammar
From: Ohad Kammar @ 2012-02-08 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories List

What is the standard name for the limit of the diagram consisting of a morphism
f : A --> C
and an I-indexed family of morphisms
g_i : B_i --> C
where I is a set?

This is a slight generalisation of pullbacks. I am really interested
in the terminology for the following notion:

A class of morphisms M is stable under such generalised pullbacks if,
for all such limiting cones
a : P --> A
b_i : P --> B_i
if g_i are all in M, then so is the morphism a : P --> A

(This is a slight generalisation of stability of M under pullbacks.)

Thanks,
Ohad.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

* Re: Pullbacks of a family of arrows
@ 2012-02-09 15:02 ` Robin Houston
From: Robin Houston @ 2012-02-09 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ohad Kammar; +Cc: Categories List

Wide pullback or fibre product, I think.

Sent from my telephone