categories - Category Theory list
* Wessex Theory Seminar, Bath, 23rd May
@ 2012-05-10 11:29 Anupam Das
From: Anupam Das @ 2012-05-10 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

I am happy to announce that the 14th Wessex Theory Seminar will be
taking place at the University of Bath on Wednesday 23rd May.

The Wessex Theory Seminars are a series of workshops focussed on
theoretical computer science, and in particular mathematical foundations
of programming languages. It is designed to be a joint seminar
of Mathematics and Computer Science departments, and industrial
collaborators. More information can be found on the wiki:
https://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/wessex/Wessex+Theory+Seminar .

We have already lined up the following speakers:

Alessio Guglielmi, Bath
Jim Laird, Bath
Edmund Robinson, QMUL

There is space for 2-3 more talks, so please contact me if you are
interested. Also let me know if you are planning to attend by replying
to this message.

As usual there is funding available to support attendance at the seminar.

Further details will be announced closer to the time; check the wiki for
the latest information:

https://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/wessex/14th+Wessex+Theory+Seminar

Anupam

* Wessex Theory Seminar, Bath, 23rd May
@ 2012-05-21 12:09 ` Anupam Das
From: Anupam Das @ 2012-05-21 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear all,

A reminder that the 14th Wessex Theory Seminar will be taking place at
the University of Bath on 23rd May (this Wednesday).

If you plan to attend please reply to this message so I can put you on
the attendance list. As usual there is funding available to reimburse
travel expenses etc.

The preliminary programme is below, and further information can be found
on the website:
https://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/wessex/14th+Wessex+Theory+Seminar .

The Wessex Theory Seminars are a series of workshops focussed on
theoretical computer science, and in particular mathematical foundations
of programming languages. It is designed to be a joint seminar
of Mathematics and Computer Science departments, and industrial
collaborators. More information about the series can be found on the
website: https://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/wessex/Wessex+Theory+Seminar .

PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME

10:30 Coffee
11:00 Olle Fredriksson, Birmingham
11:45 Georg Struth, Sheffield
12:30 Lunch
13:45 Alessio Guglielmi, Bath
14:30 James Davenport, Bath
15:15 Edmund Robinson, Queen Mary
16:00 Coffee
16:30 Jim Laird, Bath
17:15 Uday Reddy, Birmingham
18:00 Pub/Dinner

Finally, if you are generally interested in the Wessex Theory Seminar
series, you can join the wessex-theory mail list by emailing Guy
McCusker <G.A.McCusker@bath.ac.uk> .

I look forward to seeing many of you next week.

Anupam