categories - Category Theory list
* Question about proof nets
@ 2013-09-24 18:13 Harley D. Eades III
From: Harley D. Eades III @ 2013-09-24 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hi, everyone.

I am currently trying to understand (tensor, cotensor)-circuits from

R. F. Blute, J. Cockett, R. Seely, and T. H. Trimble. Natural deduction and coherence for weakly distributive categories. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 113(3):229–296, 1996.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the significance of the half circle under
the tensor in the circuit for tensor elimination?

Unfortunately, I cannot draw the circuit here.  It is however on page 9 of the above paper.

At first I thought it was indicating symmetry, but this doesn't make sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

.\ Harley

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-09-24 18:13 UTC | newest]