categories - Category Theory list
* Preprint: Enriched factorization systems
@ 2014-01-04 20:16 Rory Lucyshyn-Wright
From: Rory Lucyshyn-Wright @ 2014-01-04 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Colleagues,

A preprint of my paper "Enriched factorization systems" is available
at

   http://arxiv.org/abs/1401.0315

An abstract is included below.  Your comments and questions are welcome.

Regards,
Rory Lucyshyn-Wright
Rory B. B. Lucyshyn-Wright
NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow
University of Ottawa
http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~rlucyshy/

Abstract:
In a paper of 1974, Brian Day employed a notion of factorization system in
the context of enriched category theory, replacing the usual diagonal
lifting property with a corresponding criterion phrased in terms of
hom-objects.  We set forth the basic theory of such enriched factorization
systems.  In particular, we establish stability properties for enriched
prefactorization systems, we examine the relation of enriched to ordinary
factorization systems, and we provide general results for obtaining
enriched factorizations by means of wide (co)intersections.  As a special
case, we prove results on the existence of enriched factorization systems
involving enriched strong monomorphisms or strong epimorphisms.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-01-04 20:16 UTC | newest]