categories - Category Theory list
* Seeking a quote about 1930s algebraic topology
@ 2014-01-05 16:02 Colin McLarty
From: Colin McLarty @ 2014-01-05 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

It seems to me I recall someone, maybe Eilenberg, saying they gave a talk
at Harvard in the 1930s on algebraic topology, where someone in the
audience said the subject had reached a level of complexity that it would
not be able to sustain.

Can anyone here confirm that?  Or can someone correct me by giving a
different story that I might have confused in my memory?

best, Colin