categories - Category Theory list
* Special Session "New Directions in Category Theory" at the Fall 2014 AMS Eastern Sectional Meeting
@ 2014-03-06 19:05 Dorette Pronk
From: Dorette Pronk @ 2014-03-06 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Special Session "New Directions in Category Theory"? - Call for Speakers

October 16-18, 2014, the Fall 2014 AMS Eastern Sectional Meeting is held in  Halifax, NS.
We are organizing a special session entitled "New directions in category theory" and would like to invite those
who are interested in speaking to contact us. It will be helpful for us if you include a title, but that is not necessary.

Unfortunately, the AMS does not provide travel funds for speakers, but there is travel funding for graduate students (and a reduced registration rate)  so we encourage any interested graduate students to attend this meeting (and give talks!). The website with further details (including the application procedure and deadline) about this funding is  http://www.ams.org/student-travel.

Since we don't expect people to want to travel out east twice this October we have decided that this session will replace the

Octoberfest in Category Theory for this year, and we will plan a dinner for  the participants in this session on Saturday evening.

Pieter Hofstra (phofstra@uottawa.ca)

Dorette Pronk (pronkd@dal.ca)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-03-06 19:05 UTC | newest]