categories - Category Theory list
* Functoriality of pullbacks of sets
@ 2014-05-18 14:59 Colin McLarty
From: Colin McLarty @ 2014-05-18 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

It seems to me that Peter Freyd remarked it is easy to define pullbacks in
ZF (maybe with with global choice?) so that pullback along one side is
functorial, but hard to make it functorial on both sides.  In other words
we can easily make base change functorial in the bases, but not easily make
it functorial in the bases at the same time as in the total spaces.

Can anyone direct me to a reference to that work?

thanks, Colin