categories - Category Theory list
* Pataraia's fixed point theorem
@ 2014-05-22 23:38 Martin Escardo
From: Martin Escardo @ 2014-05-22 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Pataraia's fixed-point theorem is by now very famous, and I know many
of the readers of this list are very kin on it, and some of us have
actually made use of it.

But he didn't publish it, as most of you know. I have a version
written by him he sent me on 31st May 2000.

I feel a version written by him should either be published and/or made
publicly available in a sufficiently long-lasting place in the
internet. This should be very useful. Perhaps other people also have
copies of his original manuscript, but I have never seen a copy other
than the one he sent me.

I don't feel particularly comfortable to take the initiative of making
publicly available what he sent me then. Perhaps somebody sufficiently
close to him should do that, and I would be happy to provide the
version of his manuscript I have, if it is not already available to
them.

By coincidence, this week I got messages about that from two different
groups of people, and hence I thought it would be useful to make his
original manuscript widely available.

M.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-22 23:38 UTC | newest]