categories - Category Theory list
From: Harley Eades III <harley.eades@gmail.com>
To: Michael Barr <barr@math.mcgill.ca>
Subject: Re: Category Theory for the Sciences
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:53:08 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi, Michael.

I thought I would mention one more thing.  I think that this book and other work
is just the beginning of a whole new area of applied CT.  Perhaps I am wrong.

However, there are a few groups of people working on new applications using
primarily CT.

For example, check out the recent work of John Baez:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/networks/index.html

John and his students have been making progress studying network theory
and control theory using CT.  This includes electrical circuits and chemical
reactions.

Also, check out the recent report

"Report from Dagstuhl Perspectives Workshop 14182: Categorical Methods at the Crossroads”

http://vesta.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/opus/volltexte/2014/4618/pdf/dagrep_v004_i004_p049_s14182.pdf

This was a meeting to discuss using CT as the basis for math modeling and
applied science.

Very best,
Harley