categories - Category Theory list
* Call for submissions for a TMJ special volume to honor both Peter Freyd and Bill Lawvere on the (belated) occasions of their 80th birthdays.
@ 2017-03-13 16:25 Marta Bunge
From: Marta Bunge @ 2017-03-13 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear colleagues,

During the year 2017 a special volume of the Tbilisi Mathematical Journal to honor both Peter Freyd and Bill Lawvere on the occasion of their (belated) 80th birthdays will be published with me as lead editor and a dozen of judiciously selected guest editors to reflect in a balanced way a variety of interests of the honorees.

The idea of dedicating a single volume to both Peter and Bill has as purpose to emphasize the importance that they have had for the second generation of category theorists and beyond, just as Sammy Eilenberg and Saunders MacLane did for the first. The fact that I happen to have been the first student of them both is of course relevant to my having proposed such a volume. However, the enthusiastic and quick response that I have had from all of the  guest editors that I had invited to join me in this enterprise, indicates that there is ample support for it.

The details of such a volume can be seen below.

http://tcms.org.ge/TMJ_Call_honor_of_Professors_Peter.html

<http://tcms.org.ge/TMJ_Call_honor_of_Professors_Peter.html>I hope that several of you will consider this as an opportunity to submit a paper worthy of the honorees.

With best regards,

Marta Bunge.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-13 16:25 UTC | newest]