categories - Category Theory list
From: Harry Dole <hfdole@gmail.com>
To: Marta Bunge <martabunge@hotmail.com>
Cc: "categories@mta.ca" <categories@mta.ca>,
	George Janelidze <George.Janelidze@uct.ac.za>
Subject: Re: Kinetic Energy Is A Riemann Metric On Configuration Space
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 21:22:48 -0700	[thread overview]

Dear Marta,

It's been a while since we've talked.  Hope all is well.

I agree with you that Saunders might not thought of this as original
work.  As it happens in my experience with him it was in how he
approached any topic that was illuminating.  He's why I wanted
category theory.

With regards to George's question, yes, he saw them as he personally
gave me the now scanned copy.

For whatever reason, this course in the latter 70's gave him great
joy, of all the courses and seminars I had the pleasure to attend with
him.  Perhaps, in his mind, this is a form of practical mathematics to
share with all (especially the spinning ball part).  As far as I know,
this may have been the last actual course he taught.

cheers,

harry