categories - Category Theory list
From: Steve Vickers <s.j.vickers@cs.bham.ac.uk>
To: martabunge@hotmail.com
Cc: "categories@mta.ca" <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Topos theory for spaces of connected components
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 14:03:50 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Marta,

Johnstone showed that B_L(X) is a partial product of X against the
"generic local homeomorphism", a geometric morphism p from the
classifier of pointed objects to the object classifier. A point of
B_L(X) is a family of points of X, indexed by elements of a set.

He also proposed other partial products, for example those against the
generic entire map, which goes to the classifier for Boolean algebras
from the classifier of Boolean algebras equipped with prime filter.
Wouldn't that be your B_U? A point would be a family of points of X,
indexed by points of a Stone space.

Steve.