categories - Category Theory list
* sheaves on localic groupoids
@ 2018-10-18  2:12 John Baez
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Baez @ 2018-10-18  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Categorists -

Joyal and Tierney proved that any Grothendieck topos is equivalent to the
category of sheaves on a localic groupoid.   I gather that we can take this
localic groupoid to have a single object iff the Grothendieck topos is
connected, atomic, and has a point.     In this case the topos can also be
seen as the category of continuous actions of a localic group on (discrete)
sets.

I'm curious about how these three conditions combine to get the job done.
So suppose G is a localic groupoid.

Under which conditions is the category of sheaves on G a connected
Grothendieck topos?

Under which conditions is the category of  sheaves on G an atomic
Grothendieck topos?

Under which conditions is the category of sheaves on G a Grothendieck topos
with a point?

(Maybe we should interpret "with a point" as an extra structure on G rather
than a mere extra property; I don't know how much this matters.)

Best,
jb