categories - Category Theory list
* CT20->21 Fourth Announcement
@ 2021-07-19 15:54 unipa
From: unipa @ 2021-07-19 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

CT20->21 Fourth Announcement

This is the fourth announcement for the Category Theory Meeting, Genoa (Italy) and online, 30 August to 4 September 2021.

Deadline for registration has been extended: both online and onsite participants are required to register before 20th August.

The list of confirmed speakers is now available on the conference website:

https://sites.google.com/view/ct2021/speakers

The current situation of the pandemic in Italy allows us to confirm the event in its hybrid form. Here follows a brief description of how the hybrid form will be implemented.

The conference will be held at DiMa, the Department of Mathematics at the  University of Genoa.

There are two large lecture rooms available, where it will be possible to  attend talks. For safety reasons, in order to ensure safe distancing, the number of onsite participants is strictly limited to 99 people; please consider that registration for onsite attendance is handled on a first-come-first-served basis.

As of now, many presentations will be delivered from one of the lecture rooms in Genoa and broadcast online, but a number of others will be delivered online from the speakers locations. Large screens, loudspeakers and wireless microphones in the lecture rooms will make possible the interaction between the speaker and both online and onsite participants.

Unfortunately, due to the strict measures to contrast the pandemic, we cannot handle parallel sessions. Therefore, some of the talks will be pre-recorded and made available to participants. Live Q&A sessions will be organized in order to allow discussion with the authors of such presentations.

There will be 50 live talks and 29 recorded ones.

As we already stressed in our last announcement, despite the high level of uncertainty determined by the pandemic worldwide, we strongly believe that the scientific communities must commit themselves to relaunch research activities with physical meetings whenever possible. And we need the collaboration of the whole community to make it work. We thank you all for the support.

For specific queries, please write to info.ct2021@gmail.com.

Best regards,
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Sandra Mantovani, Giuseppe Metere, Eugenio Moggi, Andrea Montoli, Giuseppe Rosolini (chair)

Giuseppe Metere, PhD
Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica
Università degli Studi di Palermo

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-07-19 15:54 UTC | newest]