categories - Category Theory list
* Unity of Mathematics
@ 2021-08-09 19:44 Venkata Rayudu Posina
From: Venkata Rayudu Posina @ 2021-08-09 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories, Shankar Annaya

Dear All,

I hope and pray you and your families are all well.

Following in the footsteps of late Professor Charles Ehresmann (1966),
who suggested that category theory--in light of its unifying
mathematical concepts and constructions--should be taught as early as
linear algebra, I made a case for learning and teaching category
theory beginning with pre-university in our Science eLetter:

Universal yearning for understanding

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/372/6537/36/tab-e-letters

Your time permitting, please critique.

I look forward to your corrections of any mistakes I might have made
in my characterization of category theory.

Thanking you,
posina

Ehresmann, C. (1966) Trends toward unity in mathematics, Cahiers de
Topologie et Géométrie Différentielle Catégoriques 8: 1-7.
http://www.numdam.org/article/CTGDC_1966__8__A1_0.pdf

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-08-09 19:44 UTC | newest]