categories - Category Theory list
* FW: Invitation: GReTA online seminar (hosted at IRIF), Friday September 24, 2021, 15:00 CEST
@ 2021-09-20  8:08 Reiko Heckel
From: Reiko Heckel @ 2021-09-20  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gratra, categories

Dear colleagues,

It is our great pleasure to invite you to the next seminar of the “GReTA - Graph Transformation Theory and Applications” series:

     Friday September 24, 15:00 CEST
     "Combinatorial maps transformations and application to geometric modeling", R. Pascual
     (abstract, Zoom and YouTube links attached below)

The GReTA seminar series aims to serve as a platform for the international graph rewriting community, to promote recent developments and trends in the  field, and to permit a regular networking and interaction between members of this community. Seminars are scheduled twice a month (cf. https://www.irif.fr/~greta/#talks for a list of upcoming events).

With best regards,

Nicolas Behr, Andrea Corradini, Jean Krivine and Reiko Heckel
(GReTA organisers)

Date and time: Friday September 24, 2021, 15:00 CEST
Title: Combinatorial maps transformations and application to geometric modeling

Speaker:

Romain Pascual (MICS laboratory, CentraleSupélec, University Paris-Saclay, France)

Abstract:

In the first part of the talk, I will present generalized maps that represent quasi-manifolds through their subdivision into topological cells (vertices,edges, faces, volumes). We defined generalized maps as constrained labeled graphs. Arc labels encode topological relations of the subparts of the modeled object, while node labels describe the geometric data used to represent the object. Modeling operations are designed regardless of the object's  underlying topology. Therefore, we generalize DPO rules with a functorial approach to encode semi-global relabeling with a product operation. Rules and their extensions (called rule schemes) are considered valid if any application to a well-formed graph results in an equally well-formed graph. We provide set-theoric conditions on rules and rule schemes to ensure the preservation of the model consistency. In the second part of the talk, I will present how this approach allows the design of geometric modelers (software used to create and edit geometric objects) in Jerboa. The set-theoric conditions can be checked via graph traversal in Jerboa's rule editor to ensure that the code derived from the rule will never break the model. The generated code can be used as an add-on in other software or Jerboa's generic viewer.

Zoom registration link:
https://u-paris.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUvd-igpj0qG9W_T2bsMKPEHInGUpmbkNqy

Link to YouTube live stream:
https://youtu.be/woA2W-05fLQ

GReTA - Graph TRansformation Theory and Applications
                 International Online Seminar Series
Contact:                greta@irif.fr
Webpage:         www.irif.fr/~greta<http://www.irif.fr/~greta>
YouTube:                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6j-G6oPmkqCgOx6UQOUhSQ
Twitter:                https://twitter.com/GReTAseminars

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-20  8:08 UTC | newest]