categories - Category Theory list
* Intercats: Seminar on Categorical Interaction
@ 2022-01-03 19:05 David Spivak
From: David Spivak @ 2022-01-03 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories list

[Note from moderator: Apologies if you are seeing this a second time...]

INTERCATS: SEMINAR ON CATEGORICAL INTERACTION

ANNOUNCEMENT

------------

Intercats is a new seminar series on the mathematics of interacting
systems, their composition, and their behaviour. Split in equal parts
theory and applications, we are particularly interested in
category-theoretic tools to make sense of information-processing or
adaptive systems, or those that stand in a 'bidirectional' relationship to
some environment. We aim to bring together researchers from different
communities, who may already be using similar-but-different tools, in order
to improve our own interaction.

Seminars will be held every other Tuesday at 17:00 UTC, beginning on the
25th of January.

Website: https://topos.site/intercats

FIRST MEETING

-------------

Speaker:  David Spivak

Date: 2022 / 01 / 25

Time: 17:00 UTC

INTERCATS SCOPE

---------------

Although by no means an exhaustive or prescriptive list, Intercats seminar
topics are likely to be related to the following mathematical topics:

- Generalized lenses, optics, and related structures, such as Chu spaces or
Dialectica categories;

- polynomial functors, and their associated ecosystem;

- applications of the foregoing to:

   - bidirectional processes,

   - dynamical systems,

   - wiring diagrams,