categories - Category Theory list
* 2 Lecturer posts in Computing at Leicester
@ 2022-03-31  7:29 Heckel, Reiko (Prof.)
From: Heckel, Reiko (Prof.) @ 2022-03-31  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

2 Lecturer posts in Computing at Leicester in AI, SE, Autonomous Systems, Digital Twins, Space

The School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences focusses on excellence in  everything we do. Working hard together, our ambitious staff and students work in cooperation to deliver research, teaching and learning of the highest quality. The School provides a rich and culturally diverse environment where both students and staff can thrive in a demanding yet cooperative and friendly atmosphere.

The School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences has recently been formed,  with a strategic focus in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computational Modelling and Digitalisation. The School has research links with Space  Park Leicester, the Leicester Institute for Precision Medicine and the Department of Genetics & Genome Biology at the University of Leicester, and is  a founding member of the College of Science and Engineering’s Centre for  AI, Data Analytics and Modelling.

The excellence of the School’s research has been confirmed in the last two national research assessment exercises (in 2008 and 2014). In each exercise, 95% of our research was judged to be of international quality, 65% was judged to be internationally leading, and over 20% of our research outputs world-leading.

In teaching, we aim to deliver an outstanding student experience, with a wide range of modern undergraduate and postgraduate programmes along with doctoral research, all responsive to a competitive and rapidly changing discipline. Our teaching is founded on strong pedagogical principles, together with a unique approach to staff/student engagement and active learning.

We will consider all candidates whose research focuses on one or more of the following areas:

o Artificial Intelligence
o Autonomous Systems
o Dynamics, Guidance and Control Relevant to Space
o Software Engineering
o Digital Twins, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality

You will conduct high-level research and teaching whilst generating funding  through grants, consultancy and knowledge transfer activities. You will give lectures, seminars and tutorials, especially in areas across the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum. Your research will result in significant contributions to papers in leading international conferences and journals, whilst helping to build your relationships with external partners to support knowledge transfer and impact outside academia.

You will work in a very supportive environment with research and teaching mentoring. At the heart of the UK, the University of Leicester is a research-intensive university. Different areas of activity are balanced by a workload model to ensure fair and transparent balance between staff and different  areas of activity.

About you
In addition to being engaged in innovative learning and teaching that engages and inspires students, you will already have an established reputation for research, with a strong record of publications (appropriate to your level of experience) in peer reviewed journals and conferences of substantial international standing. You will have excellent networking skills which you use to seek out opportunities for collaboration and citizenship, both internally and externally. You will also be able to demonstrate the ability to generate external funding through research grants, contracts or other sources. Finally, you will have a track record of engaging with a range of communities related to your research and teaching interests, including external organisations and companies.

Additional information
For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Lu Liu, Head of School of Informatics on +44 (0)116 252 3813 or l.liu@leicester.ac.uk.
The University of Leicester has been changing the world, and changing people’s lives, for 100 years. When you join us, you’ll become part of a community of Citizens of Change<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qh_-e52YRk>, which includes not only our staff and our current students but also thousands of Leicester graduates around the world.
As a diverse and forward-thinking employer, we embed the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion into everything we do. That includes not just  our core missions of teaching and research, but also our support for staff, students and our local community.
We’re committed to the wellbeing of all our staff and to the sustainability of our environment, on our campus and beyond. We offer a competitive salary package, excellent pension scheme and a generous annual leave allowance, along with opportunities to develop your career in a supportive and collaborative environment.

On 30/03/2022, 21:45, "Liu, Lu (Prof.)" <l.liu@leicester.ac.uk> wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I hope you are well. As mentioned in the school staff meeting, two Lecturer  posts in Computer Science are being advertised:
https://jobs.le.ac.uk/vacancies/4930/lecturer-in-computer-science-teaching-and-research--2-positions-available.html

Many thanks.

Best wishes,
Lu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-31  7:29 UTC | newest]