categories - Category Theory list
From: "Joyal, André" <joyal.andre@uqam.ca>
To: Philip Scott <scpsg@uottawa.ca>, JS PL <jsplemay@gmail.com>
Cc: "categories@mta.ca" <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Pieter Hofstra
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 16:57:16 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Philip,

I am saddened and surprised to learn that Pieter Hoftras passed away.
It is unfair, he was still young!
He was a warm person and a talented mathematician!
His work combines geometric thinking with formal logic.
It is a great loss for the community of category theorists.
It was always a great pleasure to discuss with him.

My sincerere condolences to his family and friends.

Best regards,
André