categories - Category Theory list
From: Jason Parker <jasonparker300@gmail.com>
To: "categories@mta.ca" <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Pieter Hofstra
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 12:49:08 -0500	[thread overview]

I am deeply saddened by Pieter's passing.

Pieter was one of my PhD advisors (along with Philip Scott) at the
University of Ottawa from 2015-2020. I was also a TA for some of his
classes on a few occasions. He was always very kind, respectful, and
generous with his time and energy, and he was an insightful and encouraging
teacher, mentor, and advisor. He had an immense impact on my development
both as a mathematician and as a person.

He will be deeply missed. I also send my condolences to his family,
friends, and colleagues.

-Jason Parker