categories - Category Theory list
* Advertising UT Austin Summer Minicourses
@ 2022-05-12  1:54 Amy Li
From: Amy Li @ 2022-05-12  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hello,

I'm writing to advertise the UT Austin Summer Minicourses (SMC). This is a
series of summer lectures/problem sessions, where graduate student and
post-doc experts communicate ideas to non-experts. The courses focus on
tools, methods, and ideas that may not be covered in preliminary courses
offered at UT Austin. Many of our minicourses this summer (2022) will be
held with a Zoom option, so non-UT graduate students / post-docs are
cordially invited to join in!

Our course listings (descriptions can be found here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tUErRA1xW1OrvUvaMTRf3akxOl5sQPQyGi1s3E_ZC0M/edit#gid=0>)
this summer include:

Minicourse (Leader)
Algebraic Topology (Dr. Abhishek Mukherjee)
Fourier Analysis on Finite Groups (Paulina Hoyos Restrepo)
Random Matrix Theory and Number Theory (William Dudarov)
Fukaya categories (Riccardo Pedrotti)
Introduction to Ergodic Theory (Hunter Vallejos)
Analytic techniques in algebraic geometry (Desmond Coles)
A Gradient Flow Perspective to the Ricci Flow (Kenneth DeMason)
Introduction to Surface-Knots and Quandles (Nicholas Cazet)
Topological Field Theories (Will Stewart)
Turán-type extremal graph theory and some applications (Gaurav Kucheriya)

If you are interested in participating in our summer minicourses, please fill
out the scheduling form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaf_0QEaFLGPsRrsv0ls37NRTNyPp5lvoi7JF1pgNIBxlT9w/viewform>
by Sunday May 15th to let us know about your interests and availability.

Please feel free to forward this email to advanced undergraduates and
graduate students who may benefit from attending our minicourses. Click here
<https://utlists.utexas.edu/sympa/subscribe/math-smc> to join the SMC
Discord server.

Warm regards,

Amy Li
(on behalf of the 2022 SMC organisers: Desmond Coles, Saad Slaoui, and Luis
Torres)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-12  1:54 UTC | newest]