categories - Category Theory list
From: Thomas Streicher <streicher@mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: old documents on fibered cats available
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:55:45 +0200	[thread overview]

After getting permission from Jean B'enabou's son for doing so I have
made copies of some of his most influential unpublished texts on
fibered categories available on my home page under
https://www2.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/~streicher/FibCatTexts/

jb_montreal_74.pdf  are his notes for the 1974 course in Montreal
jb_lln_80.pdf       are J.-R. Roisin's notes of Benabou's famous
                     1980 course at Louvain-la-Neuve
jb_chapitre1.pdf     is a copy of Chapter 1 of his never finished book
                     "Des Cat'egories Fibr'ees"

In 2 folders at the same place you find copies of the Theses of
Celeyrette and Moens. The first one was directed by Jean himself and
the second heavily influenced by Jean's 1980 course.

The copies are partly of moderate quality but readable with a bit of
good will. Would be great to have them typed within TAC Reprints series!

Jean's work was very influential but not easily available. Hope these
copies make it easier for younger people to form their own opinion about
seminal work overshadowed by controversies in the past...

I am grateful to Jonathan Weinberger for helping me to prepare the copies.

Thomas Streicher