categories - Category Theory list
From: Bunge Hoang <bunge.hoang@gmail.com>
To: categories@mta.ca
Subject: Marta Bunge, 1938-2022
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 17:50:04 -0400	[thread overview]

Dear Family, Dear Friends,

We are very sad to share the news that our beloved mother Marta Bunge
passed away peacefully early this morning at her home in Brooklyn, NY. With
us at her side, she was surrounded not only with the love of our family,
but also with attentive hospice care in her apartment.

We were lucky to spend much time with her since she moved to New York from
Montreal almost one year ago. Despite sadness that her last chapter was so
brief, we are grateful that she was close to us, especially when she became
ill. In losing her, we lose a wonderful, smart and elegant mother, a wise
grandmother, a pioneering mathematician, and above all a dear friend.  We
know that many of you will feel the same, and we are very sorry to have to
share this news.

We have fulfilled her wishes, which include that there be no memorial or
ceremony.  We hope we can stay in contact with you.  We apologize that we
are not able to email you individually, but we wanted you all to know as
soon as possible.

With love and grief,

Eric and Silvia Bunge