categories - Category Theory list
From: Valeria de Paiva <valeria.depaiva@gmail.com>
Subject: TAC special issue for Marta Bunge: deadline extension
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:23:05 -0700	[thread overview]

Dear colleagues,
Given the very sad news of last week, it seems to us sensible to extend the
deadline for the submission of papers to the TAC special volume dedicated
to the work of Marta Bunge.

As a friend noted, several people (himself included), who would like to
contribute, felt that the deadline was too close, they were too busy with
the new academic year post-pandemic. A new firm deadline of 31st March
might make sure that everyone who wants to honor Marta has a chance. As
mentioned before, no one knew Marta would become ill when we started this
project: we meant it purely from the perspective of celebrating her work.
But now everyone feels an extra poignancy, a need to say thank you for all
she has done.

It would be good to honor that need too. Perhaps we can collect some
personal histories. For example, Micah McCurdy on Twitter wrote: "I hardly
knew her at all but one time when I was very young at the Carvoeiro CT
there was another young attendee who had some sort of panic attack and she
was immensely kind to him, missed a talk to calm him down. RIP." We're sure
there are other stories.

The new deadline and any other information we think might be useful will be
on the webpage https://sites.google.com/view/marta-bunge-festschrift/home.
Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Best regards,
Maria Manuel, Jonathon, and Valeria
--
Valeria de Paiva