categories - Category Theory list
* Obituaries
@ 2022-12-05 17:15 Robert Dawson
From: Robert Dawson @ 2022-12-05 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hi everybody:

As editor of the CMS Notes (the "social journal" of the CMS), I'd like
to get memorial articles for both Marta and Bernhard. Usually a CMS
obituary will be about a page long (this is very flexible now that we're
paperless),?? and put more emphasis on the subject's mathematical
contributions (and less on family and community activities, though this
is flexible) than an obituary in the local paper.?? Personal
reminiscences are, of course, as welcome in the Notes as anywhere
else.???? I would have moved faster on this, only we're already running
two obituaries in the current issue.

Provided that permission to publish can be arranged and the content's
appropriate, the obituary can have appeared elsewhere; on other
occasions, we've run modified versions of "local paper" obituaries.???? We
always like to publish a photograph, as well.

If you can help out with one of our late friends' commemorations, I'd be
very grateful. If you can't do it yourself but can point me to somebody
who can, I will be just as grateful.

Thank you in advance,

Robert Dawson

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-12-05 17:15 UTC | newest]