categories - Category Theory list
* Upcoming permanent position at Macquarie
@ 2022-12-16  4:18 Richard Garner
From: Richard Garner @ 2022-12-16  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear all,

This is to give you advance warning that in the new year we will be
advertising a permanent position here at Macquarie University in Sydney.

While the position will be open to any field of mathematics, priority
will be given to excellent candidates working in category theory. As
many of you are probably aware, the group here is pretty active: we have
Steve Lack and myself as continuing academics, Ross Street, Dominic
Verity and Mike Johnson as emeritus professors, and John Power as an
honorary professor; plus a community of 11 postgraduate students and a
couple of postdocs.

This is a Lecturer position, analogous to a UK lecturer or a US
assistant professor, with a base salary of AU$110,000-$130,000, and is a
balanced academic role with 40% research, 40% teaching and 20% service.
We expect the formal advertisement to be live at the start of February
with a closing date early in March. This rather short period is forced
upon us by federal government rules, so it seems best to get word out
now.

Please feel free to distribute this message further, and don't hesitate
to get in touch if you have any questions about anything to do with
this.

Richard

* Re: Upcoming permanent position at Macquarie
@ 2023-01-19 21:29 Richard Garner
From: Richard Garner @ 2023-01-19 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear all,

Applications for this position are now live:

https://mq.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CareersatMQ/details/Lecturer-in-Math=
ematics_R000010406-1

Applications close 5th March. As well as our head of school, you should
also feel free to contact me with enquiries of a formal or informal
nature. (I am part of the hiring panel).

All the best,

Richard