categories - Category Theory list
From: rosicky <rosicky@math.muni.cz>
To: Categories <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: categories: Special Issue of TAC in honour of Bill Lawvere
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 18:58:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Last January, our esteemed colleague Bill Lawvere died shortly before his
86th birthday. Bill's profound influence on Category Theory and his many
and varied contributions to our subject will be remembered always. As
others have noted, Bill's patience and his generosity with his time and
ideas was a huge gift to generations of learners.

We are very pleased to announce that the journal Theory and Applications
of Categories (TAC), a journal of which Bill was a founding and active
Editor, will publish a special volume in his honour. For this volume,
articles with some relation to the wide scope of Bill's work are
preferred.

Authors are invited to submit their manuscripts to any of the Guest
Editors below following TAC's author instructions
http://www.tac.mta.ca/tac/authinfo.html [1]
Authors must also copy their submission to the managing editor of TAC,
Geoffrey Cruttwell (at tac@mta.ca).

The Guest Editors would prefer that the initial submission uses the TAC
template to simplify the work of reviewing. All papers will be carefully
refereed following the standards of TAC.

The deadline for submission is February 29, 2024.

The Guest Editors:

Matias Menni (matias.menni@gmail.com)
Bob Rosebrugh (rrosebrugh@mta.ca)
Jiri Rosicky (rosicky@math.muni.cz)