categories - Category Theory list
* just to be sure (fwd)
@ 2000-04-04 15:08 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2000-04-04 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Of course, Peter is correct below, since Gi is not part of the diagram
(although Fi is).

One more thing.  The reason that B^n --> B^{n+1} is monic (which is
crucial) is that they are subgroups of F^n and F^{n+1} resp.

One thing I found curious is that in any commutative diagram with exact
rows

                 v        v        v

if C ---> C ' is monic, then so is A' +_A B ---> B'.  Well it turns out
that there is an exact sequence

I don't see this as coming from the snake lemma, but who knows.