categories - Category Theory list
From: categories <cat-dist@mta.ca>
To: categories <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Intuitionism's (read "Philosophy's") Limits
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:19:30 -0400 (AST)	[thread overview]

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:27:42 -0500 (EST)
From: James Stasheff <jds@math.unc.edu>

this seems to ignore the distinction between neighbors (aka comrades)
and parts (elements)
The group of rational integers, with its non-identity automrophisms
can, i thought, be distinguished from  the Thom space of the
> tangent bundle of some exotic manifold with its non-identity automrophisms
without comparison to other sets of `numbers' or less exotic manifolds

.oooO   Jim Stasheff		jds@math.unc.edu
(UNC)   Math-UNC		(919)-962-9607
 \ (    Chapel Hill NC		FAX:(919)-962-2568
  \*)   27599-3250

        http://www.math.unc.edu/Faculty/jds

	May 15 - August 15:
	146 Woodland Dr